Business Owner/Succession Planning
The future sustainability of your business depends on a solid succession plan – one that answers such questions as, “How will I transition my business?” “Who will take over?” “What happens if I lose one of my key executives?” “Should I arrange to sell my business?” Whether you are an executive or a closely-held business owner, we will work with you and your financial team to ensure the smooth succession of your firm.
Provided in conjunction with Lincoln Financial Advisors’ Business Intelligence Institute, our succession planning includes:
- Exit strategies. You may want to sell your business to a third party, to a partner, a key employee(s) within your company, or to your employees as a whole through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). If your business is family-owned, you may also want to arrange for a family member to take over. Whichever path you choose, we’ll help you make your intentions official so that the needs of you and your company are met.
- Contingency planning. What would happen if you passed away prematurely or were disabled? In addition to providing a buy/sell analysis, we will oversee that the correct legal and financial protections are in place to keep your business running.
- Key employee considerations. Through reviewing executive compensation planning, 401(k) plans, health insurance and traditional benefits, we will help recruit, reward and retain your top talent.
- Business valuation. How much is your business worth? It can be hard to properly assess its value from the inside. Through our alignment with experts in business valuation, we can provide you with accurate figures, so you know what to expect should you consider selling your business.
- Mergers and acquisitions. If selling isn't in your future, perhaps you want to buy or merge with another company. Our relationships with partner firms allow us to provide you with the assistance you need to evolve your business in the best way possible.
Some further resources regarding our BII affiliation: